About Me

My photo
Mom, writer-editor, dreamer, dog lover, wannabe traveller...yes probably me

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The mirror looked most inviting the other day, especially since I wanted to preen before it. The reason being the new haircut….ok bad English….the haircut.
Its not very different from the earlier one, just that its an incy wincy bit shorter than before. (Women, you’d understand that, men - it doesn’t matter anyway)
So I twirled and hummed and posed and smiled. And then I went upclose.
THERE it was, glaring at me, quite straight. But, three months is a long time, it had grown. I could deal with that. Then I flicked my hair and was shocked. I did a double take. Where there was one at my last haircut, there were now FOUR.
White hair…………… Time and white hair wait for no woman.
Face it…umm I was FACING it alright.
No choice…I realised.
I’m suddenly older…ufff!!!
Not a problem. I still had the haircut and I look pretty. Even with the tyres that I pretend to battle at times. Plus the brain does work well.
And so the day ended with a party that was already planned and it was the next day. Hair forgotten, I actually looked in the mirror, again. Yes yes, for those of you who know me, you’re wondering whatever happened that the mirror summoned! Wasn’t to preen, was to look for the fairest of them all…you see, search for the unseen unknown unheard of other(s) one had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment